Friday, December 5, 2008

On Knitting

If you read the previous post, you know I like getting crafty. I have an affinity for knitting, which I've been doing for about 7 or 8 years. For the the first 6 or so years, I was content making scarf after scarf in a variety of patterns, colors, and stitches. It recently occurred to me that I should be progressing in this craft, so this will be my winter of experimentation. With loads of support from my knit buddy numero uno, B, I've undertaken knitting in the round. I can now make a pretty decent glove. My next challenge is the dreaded sock.

Hopefully this season will breed tons of cool stuff that I could possibly end up selling . . . or bestowing as gifts.

Here's a recent pattern I've been working from: Pele

Just thought I'd share this, as it is the hobby that is consuming much of my time these days.

Updates and pictures to come.

2 comments:

Becca said...

yay knitting!

of course, i'm starting to become good friends with my sewing machine, too. i'd say my knitting needles would be jealous except my next sewing project is making a little roll-up needles holder. my hope is for them to cohabitate as friends.

Veronica Bean said...

Yay sewing!

I learned to sew before I learned to knit, tho I haven't sewed with a machine in probably a decade. I can't wait to see your roll-up needle holder! Send me a pic when it's complete.